Strona główna CfO
Forum Porcupine Tree Forum Porcupine Tree Forum Porcupine Tree

PT w szponach komerchy? (albo: Otwieraj? now? Biedronk?)
Idź do strony Poprzedni  1, 2, 3

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum CfO - forum Porcupine Tree Strona Główna -> #o zespole#
Zobacz poprzedni temat :: Zobacz następny temat  
Autor Wiadomość
paisse
bywalec

PostWysłany: Czw Maj 14, 2009 21:03    Temat postu: Odpowiedz z cytatem

Cytat:
Roadrunner Records signs Porcupine Tree
Roadrunner Records is pleased to announce the signing of British progressive rock band PORCUPINE TREE, one of the most difficult-to-categorize yet innovative bands making music today. The band's music ranges from psychedelic trip-hop to progressive rock, and a compendium of other sounds in between. Porcupine Tree have already been a part of the international Roadrunner family; they have been signed to Roadrunner International since 2006 and are now transitioning to all territories outside Japan.

Senior VP of A&R for Roadrunner Monte Conner says, "Porcupine Tree have been making vital and important music for many years now but over the last few years in particular, that music has been reaching many new ears. Roadrunner hopes to not only continue that growth here in the U.S. but accelerate it and expose the world to the massive talent this band has. I am honored to welcome Steven Wilson and Porcupine Tree to the Roadrunner fold."

The band is fronted by singer/guitarist Steven Wilson, who, in addition to his critical acclaim with Porcupine Tree, is also known for his work producing other artists, such as Swedish progressive metal group (and now labelmates) Opeth and Norwegian chanteuse Anja Garbarek. Porcupine Tree have released three albums through Lava/Atlantic: In Absentia, Deadwing, and the Grammy-nominated Fear of a Blank Planet, which was recognized as "Best Surround Sound" album in 2007.

The album will contain a 50 minute long continuous song cycle, along with three additional “shorter” songs. Roadrunner plans to release the album on September 22nd. The band will embark on a U.S. tour to coincide with the album hitting stores.

Below is the initial run of tour dates:

September 15 – Moore Theater – Seattle
September 16 – Roseland – Portland
September 18 – Warfield – San Francisco
September 19 – Club Nokia – Los Angeles
September 21 – House of Blues – Cleveland
September 22 – Vic Theater – Chicago
September 24 – Terminal 5 – New York
September 26 – Electric Factory – Philadelphia
September 27 – House of Blues – Boston
September 29 – Metropolis – Montreal
September 30 – Queen Elizabeth Theatre – Toronto

http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/1395/15935/Roadrunner-Records-signs-Porcupine-Tree.html
blade loki
bywalec

PostWysłany: Czw Lis 25, 2010 12:24    Temat postu: Odpowiedz z cytatem

jak to ju? wcze?niej gdzie? by?o, to sorki

Krótki romans Stefana z reklam?:
Cytat:
Steven Wilson is in the enviable position of having a great deal of success while retaining control of his own work, but in the early days he had to subsidise his career through commercial music. A golden opportunity came when a film-maker friend of his asked if he wanted to try doing a Metallica soundalike track for an ad he was working on, because the rights to the real thing were not available.
"I'd never made anything that heavy before" he insists, "but I bought a Metallica album and tried to copy it. It was pretty bad but satisfied the advertising agency, and once you get your foot in the door they keep coming back. In the end I had a reel of stuff, so I registered with an agency and got more work through that.
The key is to keep your own music free of commercial consideration, and the best way to do that is to not have to worry about money. Commercials paid very well and meant I didn't have to compromise my own music, which remained pure self-indulgence.
I stopped about the time we moved labels and the money situation became easier as the back catalogue started to bring in cheques every few months. Not huge amounts, but it meant I didn't have to make music for spoons dancing around yoghurt pots! That becomes a bit soul destroying."
Although Steven is happy that he no longer has to do commercial music, he still recognises that the experience benefited his production skills.
"It taught me a lot about how to record certain sounds that I would never have otherwise recorded, although it's one of those things you don't realise at the time. I did everything from hillbilly music to trip-hop to death metal to electronica - whatever the commercial company wanted - and I had to figure out how they made that kind of music. So it did become a very good period of learning and appreciating how to create other sounds, not just the ones I wanted in my own music."

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jun10/articles/porcupinetree.htm
Powrót do góry
Zobacz profil autora
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum CfO - forum Porcupine Tree Strona Główna -> #o zespole# Wszystkie czasy w strefie EET (Europa)
Idź do strony Poprzedni  1, 2, 3
Strona 3 z 3

Skocz do: